To Facetime on an iPhone 5s with WiFi, first make sure you have the latest version of iOS installed. Then open the Facetime app and sign in with your Apple ID or create one if you don’t already have one. Once logged in, tap the + icon at the top right corner to add a contact or enter their phone number.
Tap “Audio” or “Video” to start a call; choose video for FaceTime calls. Make sure both users are connected to Wi-Fi before beginning a call, as FaceTime requires an internet connection for audio and video calls. Finally, once connected enjoy your conversation!
- Make sure your iPhone 5S is connected to Wi-Fi network: To use FaceTime with Wi-Fi, you’ll need a compatible device and an active internet connection
- Check that Wi-Fi is enabled on your device by going to the Settings app and tapping “Wi-Fi” in the left sidebar menu
- Open the FaceTime App: Locate and open the FaceTime app from your home screen or search for it using Spotlight Search (swipe downward from center of Home Screen)
- Once opened, you’ll see a list of people who have previously used FaceTime with you as well as a blank field at the bottom where you can enter additional contacts
- Enter Your Contact’s Information: Tap into this empty field and type in either their phone number or email address associated with their Apple ID account (whichever one they gave you)
- When finished tap “Video” next to their name in order to start an audio/video call over Wi-Fi using Facetime
Can iPhone 5S Make Calls Over Wi-Fi?
Yes, the iPhone 5s can make calls over Wi-Fi. This feature is called Wi-Fi Calling and it utilizes an internet connection to place voice calls instead of relying on your cellular network.
It’s available on most iPhones from the 5s onwards and allows you to call anyone in the world with a compatible device regardless of their location or what type of cellular service they have.
When using this feature, all your incoming and outgoing calls are routed through Wi-Fi which eliminates any roaming charges or patchy coverage issues you may experience while traveling abroad.
Can You Facetime on iPhone With Just Wi-Fi?
Yes, you can FaceTime on iPhone with just Wi-Fi. This is because FaceTime uses Apple’s proprietary peer-to-peer technology that does not require a cellular network connection to make calls.
All you need for an audio or video call over FaceTime is a Wi-Fi connection and the phone number or Apple ID of the person you wish to contact.
You can also use email addresses associated with their Apple ID if they are using an iPad or Mac computer, or connect through your contacts list if they have previously been added as friends in your Contacts app.
Does iPhone 5S Support Facetime?
Yes, the iPhone 5s does support FaceTime. You can use FaceTime to make audio and video calls over Wi-Fi or cellular data networks. It is easy to set up and use on your device as long as you have both a phone number and an Apple ID associated with your device.
Additionally, it also supports group calling of up to 32 participants at once, making it a great tool for staying connected with friends and family.
How Do I Enable Facetime on My iPhone 5S?
To enable FaceTime on an iPhone 5s, first make sure that you have a compatible cellular or Wi-Fi connection. Then open up the Settings app and select “FaceTime” from the list of options. Toggle the switch located at the top to “On” to activate FaceTime.
If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password in order to sign into your account. Afterward, you can choose whether or not FaceTime is allowed for calls made over mobile data networks. Once enabled, you can start making video calls with friends and family who also have iPhones!
Wifi Calling – iPhone
iPhone users can take advantage of wifi calling to make calls over a wireless internet connection instead of using their cellular network. This is incredibly useful for those with poor reception, as it allows them to stay connected when they may otherwise drop the call.
Additionally, wifi calling on iPhone doesn’t require any extra fees or setup – it’s automatically enabled and ready to go once your device is connected to a compatible network.
This blog post provided a detailed step-by-step guide on how to use Facetime on an iPhone 5S with Wifi. With this information, you can now easily make video calls and keep in touch with family and friends! Have fun connecting with those who matter most to you through the convenience of Facetime.