Understanding Connected Devices on Instagram
When you log into your Instagram account from a new device, that device becomes a registered ‘connected device’. This means that the device can access your Instagram account until you explicitly remove it or change your password. Over time, the list of connected devices can grow, and it’s a good practice to keep this list under check to ensure your account’s safety.
Steps to Remove Connected Devices From Instagram
Removing devices from your Instagram account is straightforward, and you can do it from either the mobile app or the web browser. Here’s how:
Step 1: Access Your Account Settings
- Open your Instagram app or visit the website on a browser.
- Login with your credentials if you’re not already logged in.
- Go to your profile by clicking your profile picture in the bottom right (app) or the top right (web).
- Tap or click the three-line icon (menu) and then select Settings.
Step 2: Check Your Security Settings
- Within the Settings menu, tap or click on Security.
- Look for ‘Login Security’ or ‘Login Activity’ and select it.
Step 3: Review Your Connected Devices
- Here you’ll see a list of devices that are currently logged into your Instagram account, including their location, device type, and the time of the last login.
- Review the list to spot any devices you no longer recognize or use.
Step 4: Remove Unwanted Devices
- Next to each device, you’ll see an option to ‘Log Out’.
- Click or tap ‘Log Out’ next to the device(s) you wish to remove.
- Confirm your selection if prompted to do so.
Step 5: Confirm The Changes
- After logging out, go back to your profile and conduct a quick check to confirm no unauthorized devices remain connected.
Step 6: Change Your Password (optional)
- If you’ve removed an unfamiliar device, it’s a good idea to change your Instagram password to ensure your account’s security.
|Cannot find ‘Login Activity’
|Ensure your Instagram app is updated to the latest version.
|Unfamiliar device on the list
|Immediately remove the device and change your password.
|‘Log Out’ doesn’t work
|Try clearing your app cache or using a different browser/device.
Securing Your Instagram Account
Aside from removing connected devices regularly, here are some tips to keep your Instagram account secure:
- Change your password every few months and use a strong, unique combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Enable two-factor authentication for an extra layer of security on your account.
- Be cautious of phishing attempts and suspicious links that may purport to be from Instagram.
- Review your privacy settings and adjust who can see your posts and send you messages.
- Only authorize legitimate third-party apps to interact with your Instagram account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Disconnect Devices From Instagram Remotely?
Yes, you can remotely log out of connected devices via Instagram’s security settings.
What Steps Remove An Instagram Account’s Device Access?
To remove access, go to Settings, Security, and ‘Login Activity,’ then choose the device and tap ‘Log Out. ‘
Is Changing Passwords Effective In Logging Out Devices?
Changing your Instagram password will log out all devices except the one you’re currently using to reset it.
How To Check Connected Devices On Instagram?
Navigate to Settings, then Security, and select ‘Login Activity’ to see the list of connected devices.
Regularly monitoring and removing connected devices from your Instagram account is essential for maintaining your digital security. By following the simple steps provided in this guide, you can ensure that your Instagram account is accessed only by you and on devices that you trust. Stay safe, stay secure, and continue to enjoy connecting with others on Instagram!