If you’ve recently purchased a Blink outdoor camera and are looking for guidance on how to set it up with Alexa, this blog post is for you! We’ll walk you through the entire process, step-by-step, so that you can have your new security camera up and running in no time. By the end of this post, you’ll know exactly how to configure your Blink camera and take advantage of all its features using Alexa voice commands.
- Download the Blink app and create an account
- Place your Blink camera wherever you want to use it, and make sure it has a good view of the area you want to monitor
- Follow the instructions in the Blink app to connect your camera to your WiFi network
- Once your camera is connected, open the Alexa app and go to the “Devices” tab
- Select “Add Device” and then select “Camera
- ” 6 Find your Blink camera on the list of available devices and select it
- 7 Enter the login credentials for your Blink account when prompted 8 Allow Alexa access to your camera’s live video feed 9 You can now ask Alexa to show you the live video feed from your Blink camera
How To Connect Blink To Alexa
How Do I Connect My Blink Camera to Alexa?
If you have an Amazon Echo device and a Blink camera, you can connect the two devices and enable hands-free control of your Blink camera. Here’s how:
1. Open the Alexa app on your mobile device.
2. Go to the Menu and select Skills & Games. 3. Search for “Blink SmartHome” and select it from the list of results. 4. Tap Enable to Use Skill.
5. Enter your Blink username and password when prompted, then tap Authorize. 6. Once you’ve authorized the skill, go back to the Menu and select Devices. 7. Select your Echo device from the list of devices, then scroll down and find your Blink camera under Camera Type.
” 8 .Tap Link Now to link your Blink account with Alexa.
” Congratulations! You have now successfully linked your Blink camera with Alexa!
How Does Blink Outdoor Camera Work With Alexa?
If you have an Amazon Echo, Dot, Tap, or Show and an Blink XT2 security camera, you can enable the two devices to work together. This allows you to view your Blink camera’s live feed on your Echo device’s screen and use voice commands to control the camera. Here’s how to set it up:
1. Open the Alexa app on your mobile device and go to the Skills tab. 2. Search for “Blink” in the Skills section and select it from the results. 3. Select “Enable Skill.”
You may be prompted to log in with your Amazon account credentials. 4. Follow the instructions on-screen to link your Blink account with Alexa. Once linked, you’ll be able to view your Blink cameras’ live feeds on any Echo device that’s connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Blink system.
5. To view a specific camera’s live feed, say “Alexa, show me [camera name].” The video will begin playing on-screen automatically.
Why Won’T Alexa Show My Blink Camera?
If you’ve been having trouble connecting your Blink camera to your Amazon Alexa device, you’re not alone. Many Blink users have reported this issue, and there are a few possible reasons why it might be happening.
One possibility is that the Blink app isn’t set up correctly.
In order to connect your Blink camera to Alexa, you need to make sure that the “Allow Access To Camera” setting is turned on in the Blink app. To do this, open the Blink app and go to Settings > Accounts > Linked Devices. Then, make sure that the “Allow Access To Camera” toggle is switched to the ON position.
Another possibility is that your router’s firewall is blocking communication between your Blink camera and your Amazon Echo device. To fix this, you’ll need to add an exception for the IP address of your Blink camera in your router’s firewall settings. The IP address of your Blink camera can be found in the Cameras tab of the Blink app.
Once you have the IP address, add it as an exception in your router’s firewall settings and try again. If neither of these solutions work, there may be a problem with your Amazon Echo device itself. Try unplugging it from power for a minute or two and then plugging it back in again.
This will sometimes reset things and allow you to connect successfully.
Can I View My Blink Camera on My Echo Show?
Yes, you can view your Blink camera on your Echo Show. To do this, you’ll need to first install the Blink app on your Echo Show and then link your Blink account to the app. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be able to view any of your Blink cameras by saying “Alexa, show me the front door camera” or “Alexa, show me the living room camera.”
Live View Not Supported Alexa Blink
If you’re like me, you were excited to learn that the new Blink XT2 security camera now supports Amazon’s Alexa Live View. Unfortunately, it turns out that this feature is not yet available for all users. According to Amazon, “Live View for Blink cameras is currently supported in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Austria.”
So what does this mean for those of us who don’t live in one of these countries? Well, we’ll just have to wait a little longer for this feature to become available. In the meantime, we can still use our Blink cameras with Alexa by asking her to show us the last recorded video from our camera or take a snapshot.
If you want to be able to view footage from your Blink outdoor camera on your Echo Show or Fire TV, you’ll need to set up a few things first. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. First, make sure your Blink outdoor camera is connected to the internet and powered on.
2. Next, open the Alexa app on your mobile device and go to the “Devices” tab. 3. Select “Add Device” and then choose “Camera.” 4. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen until you see the message “Your camera is set up.”
5. Once you’ve completed setup, just say “Alexa, show me the front door” to view a live feed from your Blink outdoor camera.