There are a few different ways to uninstall Tableau on Mac. The most common way is to use the Finder application. However, you can also use the Terminal application or a third-party uninstaller tool.
In this article, we will show you how to uninstall Tableau using all three methods.
- Close Tableau Desktop
- Open the Applications folder in Finder and drag Tableau Desktop to the Trash
- Delete the
- tableausoftware and
- tablicenses folders from your home directory
- These folders are hidden by default, so you may need to use the “Show Hidden Files” option in Finder’s View menu to see them
- Empty the Trash to complete the uninstallation process
How to Uninstall Programs on Mac | Permanently Delete Application on Mac
How Do You Uninstall Tableau?
If you need to uninstall Tableau for any reason, the process is actually pretty simple. Just follow these steps and you’ll be good to go:
1. Start by opening up the Control Panel on your computer.
You can do this by searching for it in the Start menu or by hitting the Windows key + R and typing “control” into the Run dialog box. 2. Once you’re in the Control Panel, look for the Programs section and click on “Uninstall a Program.” 3. Find Tableau in the list of installed programs and click on it to select it.
4. Finally, just click on the “Uninstall” button at the top of the window and follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
How Do I Completely Uninstall Tableau Server?
If you’re looking to completely uninstall Tableau Server, the process is actually pretty simple. First, you’ll need to stop all services running on the server. You can do this by going into the Services Manager and stopping each of the following services:
Tableau Server: This is the main Tableau Server process. Stopping this service will shut down the server entirely. Background Tasks: This service handles various background tasks for Tableau Server, such as data extracts and email subscriptions.
VizQL Server: This service handles queries from VizQL clients (such as Tableau Desktop) and renders visualizations. DataServer: This service manages connections to data sources used by Tableau Server. After stopping all of these services, you can delete the entire Tableau Server installation directory.
By default, this is located at C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\. Once you delete this directory, Tableau Server will be completely uninstalled from your system.
How Do I Download Tableau Desktop for Mac?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to download Tableau Desktop for Mac:
1. Go to the Tableau Desktop website (https://www.tableau.com/products/desktop).
2. Under “Download”, select “Download now for Mac”.
3. A file called “TableauDesktop.dmg” will begin downloading – once it is finished, open it up. 4. A new window will appear with the Tableau logo and the words “Drag Tableau into your Applications folder”. Do as the instructions say – drag Tableau into your Applications folder (usually found in the Finder).
If prompted, enter your computer password. 5. Eject Tableau from the window that appears after dragging it into the Applications folder – this can be done by selecting eject next to Tableau or by pressing Command + E on your keyboard while highlighting Tableau. 6. Now, go to your Applications folder and double-click on Tableau to launch it!
Is There Tableau for Mac?
Yes, Tableau Desktop is available for Mac. You can download the latest version of Tableau Desktop from the Tableau website (https://www.tableau.com/products/desktop). Tableau Desktop is compatible with macOS Mojave (10.14) and higher.
How to Uninstall Tableau Desktop
If you need to uninstall Tableau Desktop for any reason, the process is actually quite simple. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Close Tableau Desktop if it is currently open.
2. Open the Windows Control Panel and navigate to “Add or Remove Programs.” 3. Locate Tableau Desktop in the list of installed programs and click on it to select it. 4. Click on the “Remove” button that appears at the top of the window.
This will launch the uninstaller program. 5. Follow the prompts from the uninstaller program to complete the process. Once it is finished, Tableau Desktop will be completely removed from your system.
Assuming you would like a summary of the blog post titled “How to Uninstall Tableau on Mac”:
The process for uninstalling Tableau on a Mac is different than it is for Windows. First, you need to drag the Tableau icon to the Trash.
Next, you need to delete the preference files. To do this, go to Finder and then choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar. Type in ~/Library/Preferences and hit Enter.
Find any files that start with com.tableausoftware and move them all to the Trash as well. Finally, empty the Trash.